19th of March 2020
10:00 – 20:00
Opening of Sport Expo: CCB – Centro Cultural de Belém, Praça do Império / Rua Bartolomeu Dias, 1449-003 Lisboa – Sports and Leisure Fair where the athletes can collect their kitbag (bib number and the official t-shirt).
20th of March 2020
10:00 – 20:00
Kitbag (bib number and official t-shirt) delivery at Sport Expo – Sports and Leisure Fair.
21st of March 2020
10:00 – 20:00
Kitbag (bib number and official t-shirt) delivery at Sport Expo – Sports and Leisure Fair.
22nd of March 2020
Start of the EDP Lisbon Half Marathon
Days 19th, 20th and 21th March
Estação do Pragal
- Organized by the Maratona Clube de Portugal, will be held on September 6, 2020 the 30th edition of the “Lisbon Half Marathon”, this year called “EDP HALF MARATHON LISBON”, a race broadcast live by RTP1, with the collaboration of the municipalities of Lisbon, Oeiras and Almada as well as other official entities.
- This is a 21,097 meters competition included in the International Athletics Federation calendar and its organizational is IAAF Gold Label grade, with some of the best athletes of international level present.
- A partida da “EDP MEIA MARATONA DE LISBOA“, será dada em simultâneo, em Algés junto ao caminho-de-ferro e em Almada no tabuleiro da Ponte 25 de Abril, a chegada será em Lisboa junto aos Jerónimos. O itinerário será de acordo com o mapa em anexo e tendo em atenção as seguintes partidas específicas:
- The departure of the “EDP Lisbon Half Marathon “, will be simultaneously, in Algés next to the railway and in Almada on the board of the Bridge 25 de Abril. The arrival will be in Lisbon next to the Jerónimos. The itinerary will be according to the attached map and taking into account the following specific departures:
3.1 Elite Athletes. There will be simultaneously a starting line in Algés, exclusive for elite and athletes who have the minimum time required by the organization (less than 1h05m), held in the last 3 years at: the Lisbon Half Marathon, in the Half Marathon of Portugal or another relevant Half Marathon. In the Women’s tier, the minimum time required will be 1h20m, under the same conditions mentioned above for the men’s tier.
3.2 All athletes not included in the preceding paragraph, but who have less than 1h10m to the Half Marathon (held in the last 3 years in the Lisbon Half Marathon or the Half Marathon of Portugal) may request that they be assigned a VIP dorsal, to start from the front of the starting line on the 25 April Bridge. This request must be made in writing in advance
3.3 The elite athletes will joining the route of the other athletes who departed from the Bridge 25 de Abril at the km 5.
3.4 Elite Athletes will be awarded special and/or elite BIBs.
- The organization will install several supply stations, every 5 km.
- For this competition of 21,097 meters there will be a time limit of 3 h 30 hours which means that from that moment the competent authorities will open the roads traffic. Athletes who may still be in the race should stray to the sidewalks and the organization will not be responsible for any incident that may occur.
- Registration will be made at the official race site: www.meiamaratonadelisboa.com
6.1 There will be several periods of registration with differentiated values;
6.2 The limit of all distances is 35,000 participants, 17.500 for the Half Marathon and 17,500 for 10K race.
6.3 Requests for a change of registration will not be accepted. Registrations are personnal and non-transferable.
6.4 In any situation the organization will not proceed with the refund of the registration fee.
6.5 The organization may, at any moment, suspend or extend the deadlines, or add or limit the number of entries of the competition and according to technical or structural availability, without prior notice.
6.6 There will be VIP BIB that will have a fee of 150,00 €, ” within a limited number.
6.7 The organization reserves the right to assign VIP BIBs to its guests.
6.8 Holders of “special VIP” BIB will be entitled to:
– Transportation from the official hotel of the race until starting line;
– Direct access to the front of the starting line;
– Gear box;
– At the end of the race can enter the VIP area, with access to catering.
- The “participation kit” is delivered at the time of the BIB pickup and will contain:
– One technical t-shirt
– One BIB with timing chip;
– One official race bag;
– Other offers from sponsors
- The following age brackets shall be considered in accordance with international regulations, namely:
W/M35 (runners from 35 to 39 years);
W/M40 (runners from 40 to 44 years);
W/M45 (runners from 45 to 49 years);
W/M50 (runners from 50 to 54 years);
W/M55 (runners from 55 to 59 years);
W/M60 (runners over 60 years).
Note: The age considered is the age of the athlete on the day of the race.
- The athletes duly registered may collect their dorsal and their “participation kit” at the 3 days prior to the race. No BIBs will be delivered on the race day.
9.1. To collect the participation kit and BIB it’s necessary to present the respective the registration official document (sent by email).
9.2. Runners ID;
9.3. The registrations are non-transferable and when used by another individual will imply the disqualification.
- The race BIBs, contains the timing chip, will have the ID of the athlete, and its fixation in the pectoral area of the athlete is mandatory.
10.1. It is recommended to fill in personal data on the back of the BIB. This information may be of the utmost importance if there is a health incident during the race.
- The disqualification of athletes will occur when:
11.1. Using the BIB of another athlete;
11.2. BIB damage;
11.3. Misplaced BIB;
11.4. Runners without BIB will not be allowed to remain on the race course;
11.5. Jumping railings both in the departure and arrival area;
11.6. Disrespect the race signs;
11.6. False data on the registration form;
11.9. Manifests poor conditions or apparent weakness prior to departure;
11.10. Use more than one chip or BIB;
11.11. Unsportsman behaviour;
- All ranked athletes will receive an official medal and other souvenirs.
12.1. For any topic related to Elite athletes, please contact the organization directly.
- The timing system and its classification will be made through the “Mylapps” system, an electronic platform that will only work if the athlete properly placed his official BIB.
- The measurement of the route was made by the delegates of AIMS, in accordance with the international regulations of the IAAF and according to the data provided by the Technical Director of the race;
- Gear box is not available.
- All athletes will benefit from personal accident insurance, as provided for in paragraph 15 of Art. 18 of DL No. 10/2009, with a capital for death or permanent disability of EUR 28 000.00 and treatment costs up to EUR 4.000., although the organization, through the “Femédica” has a medical care service throughout the race and in the area of the target where a hospital tent will be installed. Participants must gather health conditions necessary, assuming after registration that they feel psychologically fit for effort.
- The athlete, when registering, authorizes the transfer, free of charge and unconditionally, to the organization of the race and its members and sponsors, the rights to use his image as captured in the filming or photos that will take place during the event, authorizing its reproduction in supporting pieces.
- The organization reserves the right to use the database with the elements completed by the participants in their possible promotion or other actions.
- When registering, all participants automatically declare that they agree to the following disclaimer:
19.1. I have read and agree with the Regulations of the Marathon Club of Portugal, available on the race website;
19.2. I am aware of my state of health and being physically and psychologically able to participate;
19.3. I assume that I will refrain from participating in the test if my health conditions change after registration;
19.4. I am aware of the content of the insurance policy in force and have read the specifications of the insurance policy contained in the Regulations;
19.5. By participating in the race, I authorize, free of charge and unconditionally, that the organization and the partners of the test use my image. By this instrument, I early all the rights to use my image, as captured in photographs and footage that will take place during the performance of the tests, renouncing the receipt of any amount that may be received with its disclosure in communication-supporting parts.
19.6. I participate in the race of free will, exempting the organization, partners, directors, employees and other companies related to the organization of the event from any responsibility resulting from my participation in the race, before, during and (e.g. loss of personal effects due to theft or other circumstances).
- If the athlete does not want his data to be used, he/she is granted the possibility of not authorizing the transfer of the same, and must select the option available on the registration form.
- Doping Control to the best athletes. There will be 6 checks for the men’s tier and 6 for the women. These athletes are required to attend anti-doping checks in accordance with IAAF standards.
- The cancellation of the race may occur due to factors external to the organization (extreme weather conditions, demonstrations, government restrictions, etc.).
- We emphasize that in any situation the organization will not accept the return of the registration fee.
- It is expressly forbidden to participate in persons with pets, strollers, skates, as well as any other utensil that is not used in the race.
- Complaints should be made in accordance with the principles of the IAAF and FPA and AIMS. There will be a fee of € 50.00 for each claim, which will be deposited until the situation presented is resolved. The amount will be refunded in case of approval. The time for analysis of the complaint will be in line with the need to consult adjacent elements for the perfect knowledge of the problem.
- The organization has several platforms to support participants’ doubts and should be consulted if necessary.
27. The omitted cases of this regulation shall be resolved by the technical director of the test and in accordance with the official regulations in force and opinions of the IAAF/AIMS.
What is the EDP Lisbon Half Marathon?
The EDP Meia Marathon of Lisbon is a competitive athletics competition, where at the same time the Vodafone 10K takes place, with playful characteristics.
What is the course?
The Start Line is at the Bridge toll at the bridge 25 de Abril and the finishing line at Mosteiro dos Jerónimos.
What is the distance?
The Half Marathon has 21 km, and the Vodofone 10K has 10km.
Do I receive a medal and t-shirt if I participate on the EDP Lisbon Half Marathon and Vodafone 10K?
Yes, and in both races.
Where can I register
You can register on our official site www.lisbonhalfmarathon.com.
After signing up how do I proceed?
- After signing up, and up to a week before the event, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your bib number. You may pick it up at the Sport Expo.
At what time the race starts?
The EDP Lisbon Half Marathon has the starting shot scheduled for 10:20AM. Vodafone 10K is scheduled for 10:55AM.
How can I go to the starting line?
Please see our page about transportation on the day of the race.
What is the time limit?
3 hours and 30 minutes, from the guntime.
Can I pick my BIB up the morning of the race?
No. There is absolutely no BIB distribution on race day.
Can I pick up the BIB of a friend?
Yes, you can. You must have the original confirmation document and copy of the person’s photo ID.
What is served on the course?
Where can I check the time results?
Provisional results will be available on line after 07:00 p.m. on race day. Official results will be available two weeks after the event.
Do you have gear check service?
Sorry, there is no gear check.
Are there any showers available for the runners at the finish?
Sorry, there are no showers available.
The Vodafone 10K has time control?
Yes, both races are timed.
Will I get a certificate for my participation?
Yes, all runners will receive a race certificate with their time
I have entered the EDP Lisbon Half Marathon but I got injured and will not be able to run the 21km. Can I change my registration to the Vodafone 10K? How can I it? Will I get a refund?
Yes, you can change your EDP Lisbon Half Marathon into a mini marathon. You must inform that you want to change to Vodafone 10K when you pick up your race number at the international desk. Sorry there are no refunds for entry fees if you cannot participate.
How can I pick up my BIB and T-shirt if I lose my confirmation document?
You can recover your confirmation at the “Check your registration” field on the site or at the Solutions booth at the Sport Expo.