11th of December 2020
10:00 – 20:00
Opening of Sport Expo: Museu da Electricidade, Avenida Brasília, Lisboa – Sports and Leisure Fair where the athletes can collect their kitbag (bib number and the official t-shirt)
12th of December 2020
10:00 – 20:00
Bib number and participation kitbah delivery at Sport Expo – Sports and Leisure Fair.
Days 13 and 14 December
Avenida Marechal Teixeira Rebelo
1. From the coordination of the Associação de Atletismo de Lisboa and the colaboration of Maratona Clube de Portugal, on the 15th of December will take place the 61.ª Edition of the “Grande Prémio de Natal”, “EDP Grande Prémio de Natal “, the event will have live TV transmission on TVI 24, in collaboration with the Câmara Municipal de Lisboa.
2. GPN is a competition of 10 000 meters, inserted on the calendar of the Federação de Atletismo de Lisboa, being one of oldest races in the national calendar.
3. The starting line will take place in Benfica and the finish line will be at the Restauradores. The itinerary will be according with the map
4. The is two supply areas: one at the 5 Km and a second at the finish line.
5. The time limit to finish the race is 1h45 hour, after that authorities will re-establish traffic. Athletes that are still on the course must go to the sidewalks and the organization is not responsible for any accidents that may occur while the athlete is running.
6. Registrations must be done online at the race official site.
6.1. There will be different prices of registration according to the registration date: until the 31th of October, 10,00 €; from the 1st of November until the 30th of November, 13,00 €; from the 1st of December until the 13th of December, 15,00 €
Athletes from the Associação de Atletismo de Lisboa must contact the AAL to make their registration: email@example.com.
6.2. The limit of 7,500 registered athletes will be stipulated
6.3. Registrations cannot be changed or modified. They are personal and non-transferable.
6.4. The organization will not refund the amount of the registration fee.
6.5. At any time, the organization may suspend or extend the deadlines, increase or limit the number of registrations of the competition, without prior notice.
6.6. The organization reserves the right to assign VIP bib numbers to guests/athlete’s s invited by them.
7. The “Participation Kit”, of the race “Grande Prémio de Natal” will consist of: – a technical t-shirt (4 sizes, being the size stock distributed by availability). In case there is the athlete will be offered another one as close as possible to the desired one); – a bib number with an identification chip; – an individual bag; – other gifts and information from sponsors. Also, on the day of the race: – Luso water; – Powerade; – fruit; – other gifts and information from sponsors and also a medal of participation;
8. The race starts at 11.00h “EDP Grande Prémio de Natal “, and has a distance of 10.000, with the following classes:
Jun/Sen/ Vet 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 e 60
8.1 Itinerary: The race will start at “Benfica” at Avenida Marechal Teixeira Rebelo, near the Hospital da Luz, were you will turn right to Estrada da Correia, and right again to the Rua Maria Brown. Then you turn to Rua da Fonte, Largo da Luz (going throught all of the lake), and to the road of Estrada da Luz. Following to the left at Travessa da Luz, to the right towards Rua Fernando Namora, then go left to the Rua Professor Viera de Almeida, again to the right towards Rua Professor Fernando da Fonseca until the Rua Francisco Stromp. Here you turn again to the right Rua Cipriano Dourado, going to the pela Avenida Marechal Craveiro Lopes until Campo Grande. Then you can go to the finishing line passing by following streets; Avenida da Republica, Saldanha, Avenida Fontes Pereira de Melo, Marquês Pombal, Avenida da Liberdade, until the finishing line at Restauradores.
9. Athletes enrolled in the main event “Christmas Race – EDP Grande Prémio de Natal”:
9.1. Athletes, duly enrolled, may collect their BIB and their “participation kit” at the Electricity Museum in Belém (next to the belém river station) in the 2 days prior to the race, there are no BIB deliveries on the day of the Competition.
9.2. To pick up the participation kit, it will be necessary to present the document with the BIB number sent by email.
9.3. Identification document of the athlete;
9.4. The BIB is non-transferable, and when used by another athlete, will imply automatic disqualification of the runner.
10. The disqualification of athletes will occur if one of the following things takes place:
10.1. Using the bib of another athlete;
10.2. Damaging their bib number:
10.3. Not having your bib number placed in the chest area;
10.4. Bending the bib number in order to reduce its size;
10.5. Poor placement of the bib causing possible failure to obtain results;
10.6. Individuals without a bib number will not be allowed to remain on the race;
10.7. Skipping time carpets on both the starting and finishing lines;
10.8. Do not respect the signs of the test;
10.9. Faking any element relating to your registration;
10.10. Displaying poor physical condition or apparent weakness before departure;
10.11. Using more than more chip bib number;
10.12. Having bad sportsmanship like behaviour;
11.1 We have several monetary prizes in dispute. However at the end these will only be given to the first 3 senior athletes (masculinos e femininos) that will receive the awards at the podium in the main course.
11.2. 10Km Race;
11.3. Monetary prizes will be payed after we verify the classifications athletes;
11.4. All registered athletes will be given a medal and other souvenirs.
12. The chronometric system and classification is made on a eletronic system and will only work when the athlete puts bib number on his chest.
13. The course was verified by the directors of FPA according to the regulations given by the Technical Director of the event.
14. There will be no gear check service.
15. Athletes will benefit from a personal accident insurance, as provided in Article 18 of the Decree-Law no. 10/2009, with capital for death or permanent disability of EUR 28,000.00 and treatment costs up to 4.000,00 EUR., however the organization, provides medical assistance throughout the race. Participants must meet the health conditions necessary for attending in the event in which they will participate, assuming after registration that they feel physically and physically fit for the effort.
16. When the athlete agrees with our terms and conditions, he is willingly giving permission to the organization and it’s sponsors to use its image on footage capture during the event and also promotional pieces.
17. The organization has the right to keep on its data base the information of the athlete.
18. When registering, all participants automatically declare that they agree to the following terms of responsibility:
18.1. I have read and agreed to the Rules of the Maratona Clube de Portugal;
18.2. I am aware of my state of health and I am physically and psychologically qualified to participate;
18.3. I will refrain from participating in the event if my health conditions change after enrollment;
18.4. I am aware of the content of the insurance policy in force and have read the specifications of the same, contained in the Rules of Evidence;
18.5. By participating in the competition, I freely and unconditionally authorize the organization and trial partners to use my image. By this instrument, early all rights to use my image, as captured in photographs and filming that will take place during the conduct of the tests, renouncing the receipt of any amount that may be earned with its dissemination in communication pieces of support
19. I take part in the race of my own free will, excluding the organization, partners, directors, employees and other companies involved in the organization of the event from any responsibility resulting from my participation in the event, before, during and after it, this includes, loss of objects, personal injury, or other circumstances)
19.1 . In case the athlete e does not want to give the authorization he can choose not to, by choosing that option on the form during registration.
20. Cancelation of the event can occur due to external factors such as extreme weather conditions and governmental restrictions.
21. Babies and dogs are not allowed.
22. All costumer complaints must be made according to the FPA rules. There is a 50,00 € fee for each complaint. The money will be given back to the athlete after the complaint is accepted.
23. The organization has several platforms and customer service to attend to any problems or doubts the athlete may have.
24. All resolving cases will be solved by the technical director of the event, in agreement with the regulations of the FPA.